- Water- and windproof and breathable, fully taped
- Recycled polyester fabric and padding with Eco-friendly fluorocarbon-free DWR-treatment Protects you against snow, rain and wind while releases excess heat and moisture from the body and the layers underneath. A water and windproof yet breathable garment with all seams tape-sealed and with a lightweight extra warm down-free padding that will keep you comfortable even during the coldest day. The perfect long jacket for trainers, supporters or cold riders! - 360° visibility for safety with reflective logo prints and pipings at front and sleeves
- Pre-shaped sleeves designed for mobility
- Asymmetrical sleeve ends with velcro adjustment and inside lycra cuffs for comfort and fit
- High collar with chinguard for comfort
- Detachable hood with one-hand adjustments at front and neck
- Hood is fastened with snap buttons for safety
- 2-way YKK-front zipper
- Storm plackets at zippers to protect against rain and wind
- Two large bellow pockets with double openings; at top with pocket lids with velcro and snap button closure and at sides for easy access to fleece lined hand warmer pockets
- Inner chest pocket with YKK zipper and opening for ear phones
- Outer chest pocket with YKK zipper hidden under front zip placket
- Two YKK-zippered slits at sides
EquTex™, stretch 2-layer recycled polyester fabric with waterproof and breathable membrane. Waterproofness 20 000 mm / Breathability 20 000 g/mm2/24h. The shell fabric has an Eco-friendly fluorocarbon-free DWR-treatment.
Warm down-free lightweight 3M™ Thinsulate™ ECO Classic Insulation 120 gr (recycled polyester)
Produced: In China (BSCI certified factory), transported by boat.Washing and Re-Proofing Here are tips on how to take care of your Stierna EQUTEX ™ garments in the best way so that they keep their performance, stay fresh, and withstand many years of use.
All EQUTEX materials are waterproof and windproof and have a vapor permeability, “breathable". Wash the garment on a regular basis to maintain full functionality and avoid clogging the breathability with dirt. In addition to a waterproof membrane, all EQUTEX materials have a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment, which is a surface treatment of the fabric to make it dirt and water-repellent. If the outer fabric gets wet, the garment’s breathability is prevented and the wet/cold fabric hangs against your body - the membrane that sits on the inside of the fabric is still active and the garment is waterproof - but it can be experienced that the garment "leaks" when condensation forms on the inside of the garment. The garment then needs to be re-proofed, and we recommend that this is done at least once per season or more often depending on how much the garment has been used as the surface treatment will be worn off over time.
- Follow the care instructions on the label inside the garment.
- Brush off mud, sand, hay, and hair.
- Close zippers and velcros before washing and release adjustable cords on the hood, waist, and bottom. And don’t forget to empty the pockets of horse treats!
- Use a mild detergent suitable for technical waterproof/breathable fabrics, we recommend Nikwax Tech Wash. Household detergents can destroy the functionality of the fabric. Never use fabric softener, as it clogs the pores of the membrane and destroys the garment's breathability.
- Rinse the garment thoroughly and do not overdose on the detergent.
- Hang-dry the garment at room temperature.
- When re-proofing EQUTEX garments, we recommend Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-in. Follow the instructions on the bottle. Remember that a long coat is equal to two (2) garments and dose accordingly. Do not tumble dry.